Selling a Business
Thinking of selling your business?
At some point most business owners will consider an exit strategy – often to cash in on years of hard work. Is this perhaps a good time for you to consider preparing for an exit at some point in the future? Indeed, this may be an excellent time to make your move, so here are some things to consider.
Businesses are selling for the highest prices in history! Some experts think we are experiencing an unparalleled growth of independently owned businesses in America. This creates an opportunity for you to cash in.
Now is the best time to consider exiting (selling) your business
- Hundreds of thousands of corporate layoffs have produced more buyers than sellers, many with large sums of money in their pockets!
- Unstable stock markets are causing investors to look to businesses for investments.
- Low interest rates make it easier for buyers to finance their purchase.
- At some point every business owner will consider an exit strategy to cash in on years of hard work.
The right kind of consultant
Many owners of successful businesses have used the exclusive services of our nationwide affiliated offices throughout their business cycle. There are several key stages in a business’ evolution. As Primary Business Consultants, we can offer you unequaled services in each stage – building your business, growing your business, maximizing your revenue, financing, cashing in and exiting.
There’s more to it than meets the eye
We can do far more than just sell your business. You will learn your business’ fair market value, how to maximize its value and make sure you get every dollar possible. We can help with financing options and structuring as well as alert you to methods for deferring the often-large capital gains tax that can accompany the sale.
Owners of successful businesses have used the exclusive services of our nationwide affiliated offices for over three decades as they progress through several important stages in their cycle of entrepreneurship. As Primary Business Consultants, we offer you unequaled services in each step.
Questions asked by those exiting (selling) a business:
- When is the best time to exit my business?
- What are the necessary ingredients of a successful sale?
- How can I enhance the price of my business?
- How can I avoid using compromised professionals?
- What is the most successful method of exiting business?
- How can I maintain confidentiality?
- We can help answer these questions and more…
If you are ready to consider a sale, or any of the other important events, as Primary Business Consultants we can do more than just sell your business.
We can help you maximize the value of your business to make sure you get every penny you deserve! Our successful experience can help you accomplish your goals in total confidentiality and be certain that you avoid the pitfalls in the process.
We can help you maximize the value of your business which will allow you to walk away with more money when exiting. Plus, we will help you keep more of what you earn!
Wherever you are in your business cycle, this is a good time to learn more. Please contact us to arrange a confidential meeting. There’s no time like the present to find out what your business could be worth!
Selling a business requires more expertise than you might think
Here are 12 questions to think about when selling your business:
- Do you know the three most important factors to successfully sell your business?
- Do you think that knowing everything about your company is all you need to know to make the sale?
- Do you know the current market value of your business?
- Do you know where to get financing for a buyer so that you are ensured your asking price?
- Do you know what businesses similar to yours have been sold for?
- Do you know where to find qualified buyers for your business?
- Do you know how to increase the market value of your business, before you offer it for sale?
- Do you know when to announce to your employees that you are selling the company?
- Do you have a plan for assuring your employees and retaining the key people?
- Do you know how long you should remain to help the new owner during the transition period?
- Do you have a plan for selecting a broker/consultant who will work for you when you think about selling?
- Do you know how to sell your company for cash at fair market value, defer all the capital gains tax, reward your loyal employees, and then let the government help pay for part of the purchase price?
If that sounds complicated, it is! That’s why we’re here to help.
A preliminary confidential consultation is available at no charge – in person, on the telephone, or via email, whichever best fits your schedule.
Stop wasting your time and energy, adding to your frustration, and getting nowhere with a typical business broker. Talk with us and you will quickly learn the difference.